U3A Network Queensland State Conference 2017
U3A Twin Towns is delighted to host the 2017 U3A Network Queensland State Conference and Annual General Meeting on Thursday 18th and Friday 19th May 2017. This marks a special milestone for U3A Twin Towns as we recently celebrated 25 years since we were founded in 1991. We welcome all Queensland and interstate U3A members to join us at the Conference and share an interesting few days in on the Gold Coast.
The Conference Venue is the Tweed Civic Centre, located at Brett St, Tweed Heads NSW. (See map)
Program details will be provided closer to the event. See the Speakers page for preliminary information about conference speakers.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive conference updates.
Conference Registration will be available online on 19th January.
- Full Conference Package, $160 (includes refreshments, lunches and Conference Dinner)
- Conference only, $100 (includes refreshments and lunches but excludes Conference Dinner)
- Conference Dinner only, $60
Owing to catering requirements, bookings for the Full Package and Dinner Only options close on Friday 5th May.
All who register before 10th April will go into the draw for the Early Bird Prize - a refund of your Conference fees!
We have organised several optional activities for delegates (please indicate your expression of interest at the time of registration):
- Boat trip to the Margaret Olley Art Centre in Murwillumbah on Wednesday 17th May ($40 payable with registration, limited seats). Experience the natural beauty of the Tweed Valley with Mount Warning Tours on the Spirit of Wollumbin, a traditional Huon Pine River Ferry. You will glide slowly upstream on the majestic Tweed River from Chinderah to Murwillumbah whilst taking in the mountain views and enjoying a glass of Australian wine. A bus will then take you on to The Margaret Olley Art Centre (limited seats).
- Welcome Function on the evening of Wednesday 17th May at Currumbin RSL, in a beautiful setting overlooking the placid waters of Currumbin Creek. This pre-conference dining option provides an opportunity to meet fellow delegates and enjoy good food in a convivial atmosphere.
- Lawn bowls at the Coolangatta Bowls Club, on 17th May (time yet to be advised).
- Conference Dinner at Coolangatta Surf Club on the evening of Thursday 18th May.
You can select these options on the Registration Form.
While on the Coast for the Conference, you may be interested in the following events on the weekend:
Footsteps in Time Conference and Fair, hosted by Gold Coast Family History Society, is for those interested in Family and Local History. It will be held at the Southport Community Centre on 20th and 21st May 2017.
The Blues on Broadbeach Festival extends from 18 - 21 May, a free event to be held in the Broadbeach Mall.
The conference is being organised by a Project Team from U3A Twin Towns.