U3A Network Queensland State Conference 2017
U3A Twin Towns was delighted to host the 2017 U3A Network Queensland State Conference and Annual General Meeting on Thursday 18th and Friday 19th May 2017. This marked a special milestone for U3A Twin Towns as we recently celebrated 25 years since we were founded in 1991. Thank you to all delegates and sponsors who attended the conference and made the event so successful.
The 2018 State Conference will be hosted by U3A Redcliffe. More information will be made available in due course.
The 2017 Conference Venue was the Tweed Ultima Conference Centre, located at 20 Stuart St, Tweed Heads NSW. (See map for location.)
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive conference updates.
- Full Conference Package, $160 (includes refreshments, lunches and Conference Dinner)
- Conference only, $100 (includes refreshments and lunches but excludes Conference Dinner)
- Conference Dinner only, $60
- Boat trip to the Margaret Olley Art Centre in Murwillumbah on Wednesday 17th May ($40 payable with registration, limited seats). Experience the natural beauty of the Tweed Valley with Mount Warning Tours on the Spirit of Wollumbin, a traditional Huon Pine River Ferry. You will glide slowly upstream on the majestic Tweed River from Chinderah to Murwillumbah whilst taking in the mountain views and enjoying a glass of Australian wine. A bus will then take you on to The Margaret Olley Art Centre (limited seats).
- Welcome Function on the evening of Wednesday 17th May at Currumbin RSL, in a beautiful setting overlooking the placid waters of Currumbin Creek. This pre-conference dining option provides an opportunity to meet fellow delegates and enjoy good food in a convivial atmosphere.
- Lawn bowls at the Coolangatta Bowls Club, on 17th May (time yet to be advised).
- Conference Dinner at Coolangatta Surf Club on the evening of Thursday 18th May.
You can select these options on the Registration Form.
While on the Coast for the Conference, you may be interested in the following events on the weekend:
Footsteps in Time Conference and Fair, hosted by Gold Coast Family History Society, is for those interested in Family and Local History. It will be held at the Southport Community Centre on 20th and 21st May 2017.
The Blues on Broadbeach Festival extends from 18 - 21 May, a free event to be held in the Broadbeach Mall.
The 2017 conference was organised by a Project Team from U3A Twin Towns.